Most of people confuse about what the roadside assistance services are. They often think that roadside assistance services are related to hiring a car or driver. But reality is different from this. Roadside assistance services are related to emergency services that include vehicle towing and vehicle winching. There may be many reasons for that you may need a roadside assistance.
Here are some reasons that we addressed:
- Vehicle Breakdowns: This is one of the top reasons that force us to call the roadside assistance. Vehicle breakdown can happen with anytime, anywhere and anybody. It can happen with a specific reason or due to bad luck. No one can stop them. But we can resolve quickly by calling nearest roadside assistance services provider to save our time. Here are some vehicle breakdowns that we ever see people facing on the side of the road.
- Car Battery Down
- Out of Gas, Petrol or Diesel
- Flat tires
- Car Lockout
- Some Mechanical Problems
- To Relocate: To relocate our vehicles from one city to another city or cross country, we may need roadside assistance services. Because roadside assistance services include vehicle towing and winching. And some of roadside assistance service providers offer long distance vehicle towing.
- To Remove the Scrap: To remove the scrap and junk materials of old cars, we may need roadside assistance services.
So these are some of reasons that help in making decision to call the roadside assistance services.
Towing services are related to hauling or hitching something with heavy equipments. You have ever seen vehicles being hitched with another. Yes, that is called towing. In many conditions, towing services help us like when we got flat tire, vehicle locked, vehicle battery down, ran out of fuel or gas and other vehicle breakdowns such as road accidents.
Have you faced any breakdown before? No want to be forced into breakdowns, because these create most incredibly annoying inconvenience and ruin whole day. That’s why people remember towing companies and services providers. Towing services are not only helping you in getting back to road, these also help in recovering your vehicle safely and securely.
Here are some conditions in which you may need towing services:
- Flat Tires: A flat tire means your tire get puncture and be flat. It can happen anytime and anywhere. The causes of a flat tire are not very specific. Your tire can get flat due to the condition of the tire, nails and nut bolts on road. The towing companies provide the flat tire services. They dispatch their employee with a spare wheel and equipments to your location and to sort out your problem.
- Vehicle Locked out: A vehicle locked out means your vehicle gets locked and you are not able to enter in your car because of missing keys. This condition can happen due to un-responsibilities. Sometimes we forget keys in car and lock the door. But it can be resolved with towing services. Some of most experienced towing companies provide vehicle locked out services and help you get back in car.
- Battery Down: A battery down means that you are not able to start your car due to battery. This condition depends on un-maintenance of car or other vehicle battery. To resolve this you need a new or a jump start service. You can take help from other drivers to jump start your car but for this you need to read about batteries and its type. Doing it yourself can be dangerous because batteries contains acids and it can be explode. We recommend to call your nearest towing company to sort out this problem.
- Engine Problems: Sometimes your vehicle engine stop work due to mechanical problem. And you need instant help to sort out that problem. You can take help from your nearest towing companies they will help you in reaching your vehicle in nearest workshop.
- Out of fuel or Gas: Sometimes you forget about fuel or gas and go for a long drive. You get out of fuel or gas condition on road. Some towing companies provide onsite fuel or gas delivery services. You can take help from them to sort out this problem.
- Moving other location: The towing companies can help you in moving your vehicle to others location. Most people hire towing companies to tow their vehicle for local and long distance moving.
- Road Accidents: Sometimes, you are not able to drive your vehicle due to a road accident. Only towing companies can help you in hitching your vehicle and get them to your nearest insurance company or garage.
So these are some conditions for that you need to call your nearest towing companies.
No doubt Towing services save the time and day for people. They come to resolve in vehicle breakdowns that are annoying inconvenience, but there is need to ensure you seek the services of a trained, qualified and experienced company like Kwick Towing Calgary.
Breakdowns in your vehicle may also get even if you are an expert driver. There are many types of vehicle breakdowns like out of fuel, gas or diesel, tire puncture, car lockout, car jump start etc. Some of them may be resolved easily, but some may require expert’s help. And for that you need your vehicle to be towed to the nearest shop, which is not an easy task. That may also damage and get scratches on your vehicle. For towing purpose, you need to read some guidelines.
Here are some tips which may help you in towing your vehicle safely and successfully.
- Know the weight of the vehicle:-It is very important to know the weight of the vehicle, if you fall in vehicle breakdown or helping someone in breakdown. There should be a balanced weight between both the vehicles. It may create problem in your engine, if towing vehicle has a low weight. Similarly, if the towing vehicle has a high weight than other, it may damage your vehicle while driving one place to other place. So, balanced weight between both the vehicles should be there.
- Check your breaks:-Please check your break system, before towing a vehicle with your car or trailer. Brakes even help in maintaining speed. Overheating may be caused, if you use your brakes as paddles. You must also know about your brake system while helping someone in towing his vehicle.
- Check your tires condition:-You must check your vehicle’s tires condition before helping others with towing services. You must also keep a spare wheel in your vehicle with which you can simply help them without even towing there vehicle.
- Check your mirrors:-While towing a vehicle it may help you to maintain distance which is basically used to rear view. So, before towing a vehicle, make sure you have side mirrors for rear view.
- Check your lights:-Your vehicle must have lights in working order, according to the law of many states. If you are not keeping them in working condition you may get a ticket from the police. In night time, if you are towing a vehicle, it is highly recommend keeping-on your lights of both vehicles. It will help others to give you pass or take a pass on way and also help you in lighting your way.
So these are some basic steps that help you in towing safely. We will share about how to jump start a car and battery maintenance tips, in our next post.
We all know the vehicle breakdowns are the most incredibly annoying inconvenience that can waste too much time and money. But, do you know why these breakdowns occur? It may be happen due to poor maintenance and driving skills. At Kwick Towing, due to number of models and complexity of cars, we have been deal many different vehicle problems. While dealing the customers at Kwick Towing, we addressed the top 10 most common causes of vehicle or car breakdown. With reading this post, you will be able to avoid vehicle breakdowns.
- Using an Old and Faulty Battery: If you are using an old and faulty battery, it can be cause of car break down any time. To prevent car breakdown with battery, we need to do these things.
- Keep checking your electrical connection
- Keep battery neat, clean and dry
- Don’t get them discharge
- Replace them after a period of time
- Locked out Car: Lost keys or forget keys inside car is the second of the most common causes of car breakdown. Nowadays, most cars have transponder keys which are encrypted electronic chip to prevent theft. If you lose those keys, it can be recovered only by the authorized dealers. This issue occur due to un-responsibilities and bad luck. It can be prevented for this we should make sure:
- Have another key in pocket
- Check the keys before leaving car
- Don’t share keys with kids
- Flat Tire or Tire Puncture: Flat tire or tire puncture is the third of the most common issues of car breakdown. The modern cars have tubeless tires but that does not mean they can’t get flat. There may be few reasons of getting flat tire problem like over, nails, screws, low and high air pressure, old tires and kerbs. To prevent this cause we just need to follow these steps:
- Check tire pressure daily before driving
- Have a spare wheel
- Don’t share keys with kids
- Fuel: Running out of fuel is the fourth of the most common issues of car breakdown. It can happen any time with you. This issue is most probably caused due to UN-responsibilities so to prevent this issue you must keep your eyes on fuel gauge. Sometimes, in hurry, we forget about it and get this problem. Every year thousands of people face this problem. So we recommend have an extra fuel can in your car for these type of emergencies.
- Overheating: Engine overheating is the fifth of the most common issues of car breakdown. There are many causes that can overheat a car engine like stuck thermostat, leakage in cooling systems, clogged radiator, faulty water pump and cooling fan. To prevent overheating keep maintain your car on time.
- Electrical Faults: The failing of electrical components are the sixth of the most common issue of vehicle breakdown. It can be occur from poor maintenance of car battery and wiring. Only a timely Maintenance can prevent it.
So these are the most common problems that can cost a lot of time and inconvenience while you are going to anywhere with your car or other vehicle. In Calgary and Its surrounding area, if you are facing any cause of vehicle breakdown, you may call us at (403) 542 9211.
In every profession, you will find many sellers, competitors and services providers. But the challenge is how to choose best one who will give you the best or provide you affordable but qualitative services. It also applies in towing profession. When you are facing a vehicle break down, at that time, you have to face many challenges while choosing a right towing company who will help you in resolution the breakdown.
Through this post, we are going to guide you about how to choose the right towing company.
- Ask Questions: Before going to call a towing services and roadside assistance provider, you have to build an index of questions about the company for example:
- Do they tow your vehicle without scratch?
- Do they have license?
- Ask about prices, their towing vehicles and experiences?
- Do they serve the area where your vehicle got breakdown?
- Do they follow OSHA safety?
When you have built an index of questions, you can call and get answers.
- Read Reviews Online: To confirm, the Towing Company is reliable or not? You need to search on Google by using this term. “Company Name, City – Reviews”. For example: Search “Kwick Towing Calgary – Reviews”. It will help you to see the company’s positive and negative feedbacks from other users.
- What are the things you should measure before hiring a towing company?
- Towing Charges: Before going to hire a Towing company, you should analyze that the towing charges should not be more than represented.
- Timing: You have to see, the towing truck come on given time or not.
- Tools and Equipment: You have to confirm that their tools and equipment are neat and clean or not. If it is not, please don’t hire them.
- Operator’s behavior: You have to measure operator’s behavior towards vehicle. If you don’t do this, they may put scratches in your luxury vehicles.
- Licensed Driver: You have to make sure that Tow Truck Drivers must have license. You have to check this yourself.
So these are some major points that help you in finding and hiring a Towing company. We will post about vehicle winter care tips in our next post so stay tuned with us.