We all know the vehicle breakdowns are the most incredibly annoying inconvenience that can waste too much time and money. But, do you know why these breakdowns occur? It may be happen due to poor maintenance and driving skills. At Kwick Towing, due to number of models and complexity of cars, we have been deal many different vehicle problems. While dealing the customers at Kwick Towing, we addressed the top 10 most common causes of vehicle or car breakdown. With reading this post, you will be able to avoid vehicle breakdowns.
- Using an Old and Faulty Battery: If you are using an old and faulty battery, it can be cause of car break down any time. To prevent car breakdown with battery, we need to do these things.
- Keep checking your electrical connection
- Keep battery neat, clean and dry
- Don’t get them discharge
- Replace them after a period of time
- Locked out Car: Lost keys or forget keys inside car is the second of the most common causes of car breakdown. Nowadays, most cars have transponder keys which are encrypted electronic chip to prevent theft. If you lose those keys, it can be recovered only by the authorized dealers. This issue occur due to un-responsibilities and bad luck. It can be prevented for this we should make sure:
- Have another key in pocket
- Check the keys before leaving car
- Don’t share keys with kids
- Flat Tire or Tire Puncture: Flat tire or tire puncture is the third of the most common issues of car breakdown. The modern cars have tubeless tires but that does not mean they can’t get flat. There may be few reasons of getting flat tire problem like over, nails, screws, low and high air pressure, old tires and kerbs. To prevent this cause we just need to follow these steps:
- Check tire pressure daily before driving
- Have a spare wheel
- Don’t share keys with kids
- Fuel: Running out of fuel is the fourth of the most common issues of car breakdown. It can happen any time with you. This issue is most probably caused due to UN-responsibilities so to prevent this issue you must keep your eyes on fuel gauge. Sometimes, in hurry, we forget about it and get this problem. Every year thousands of people face this problem. So we recommend have an extra fuel can in your car for these type of emergencies.
- Overheating: Engine overheating is the fifth of the most common issues of car breakdown. There are many causes that can overheat a car engine like stuck thermostat, leakage in cooling systems, clogged radiator, faulty water pump and cooling fan. To prevent overheating keep maintain your car on time.
- Electrical Faults: The failing of electrical components are the sixth of the most common issue of vehicle breakdown. It can be occur from poor maintenance of car battery and wiring. Only a timely Maintenance can prevent it.
So these are the most common problems that can cost a lot of time and inconvenience while you are going to anywhere with your car or other vehicle. In Calgary and Its surrounding area, if you are facing any cause of vehicle breakdown, you may call us at (403) 542 9211.